Infected WordPress website will be always there till the time, internet is there and WordPress is there. We can only pay attention to details and not let WordPress websites get infected. As we duly say “Prevention is better then cure”
What are the primary cause of WordPress Website getting hacked, infected?
#1 Cause of your WordPress site infection is your hosting partner. that also if you are hosted in a shared hosting space, chance is 100% your site will also get infected.
#2 Cause of infected WordPress website is non timely maintenance, like not updating WordPress, not updating themes and not updating php as well as plugins.
Cause of WordPress Infection How to Repair if my WordPress website is infected?
As mentioned above Primary cause is shared hosting platform that customers uses like GoDaddy, HostGator etc. ( No offense to these companies, but we too have gone through lots of pain, hosting ours / customers website there )
The WordPress Infection Repair Scope of work involves
- Downloading the site.
- Download the site via FTP or control panel in to your local system.
- Hosting it in local environment.
- Unzip the folder, setup the local development environment, setup database etc
- Finding codes that are infected.
- Start with .htaccess
- look for google verification html files, open and recheck it
- look into index.php file, to see extra codes. if you find such code
- find that code via visual studio code or any other editors and identify the files
- search folder for admin-ip.txt files, what they do is : they will put your Ip address here, so you will not be able to see the infection but whole world will be able to see it
- Removing unwanted files.
- If the infection is in theme folder, try to fix it
- Reinstall the core WordPress.
- Download fresh wordpress, extract wp-admin, wp-include and root files
- We Advise to delete wp-config too as we will be set
- Repair the database and
- Shift it to cloud servers such as aws, azure and digital ocean (optional)
- Signup to digital ocean or Aws or Azure.
- Connect via git bash or putty.
- Start your DevOps work.
We advise to do the shifting, else the site will again get infected in some time.
How much does it cost to Repair an Infected WordPress Website?
As we have gone through this experience so many times, our standards have become very sharp in Repairing Infected WordPress Websites.
It generally takes us 8 hrs. to complete the job, if the theme and other things are not so complicated.
Per hour price will be 35 USD.
Approximate pricing for infected WordPress website repair would be around 250 – 280 USD
Write us at [email protected] with your website url