Google TDS: How to reimburse your TDS from Google India?
You are reading this blog because you have been actively been involved in advertising with google ads, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn or any one of them.
Here we will come to know about reimbursing your payment from google. If you are making payment to Google Ads for your paid digital advertisement or programmatic advertising then you are required to deduct TDS under section 194C of the income tax act. Before doing so please first check whether you are falling under section 194C or not.
Now the question is about, tax deduction from payment to google ads/Facebook when payment is done via credit card or debit card or NEFT. Since there is no option at that point to deduct any amount.
The policy of Google and Facebook ads about TDS is that the payer i.e you have to deposit the TDS amount from your pocket to the government. You then have to submit the TDS certificates to Google Ads/Facebook and then the amount will be credited back to your ad account.
TDS rate is 2%. No surcharge or education CESS is applicable on this.
How much TDS
The current rate of TDS for advertising-related payments to Google India Private Limited is 2% excluding Service Tax and education CESS (per Circular No. 1/2014 issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes, Ministry of Finance, Govt of India)). However, the rate of TDS is subject to change according to government regulations. Note that Google Ads can’t advise you on tax matters. If you have more questions regarding TDS or other tax matters, please check with a tax consultant. Read at google
For eg if You pay Rs. 50,000 for advertisement then you have to pay Rs. 1,000 to the government.
GOOGLE ADS DETAILS
Google’s Permanent Account Number (PAN) is AACCG0527D and the registered address on the TDS Certificate should be:
Google India Pvt. Ltd.
No.3, RMZ Infinity, Tower E,
Old Madras Road, 4th & 5th Floor,
Bangalore – 560 016
You can send the TDS certificate by this link – Google TDS reimbursement Submit or by courier on the following address. (Option to send by email has been discontinued)
Google India Pvt Ltd,
9th Floor, Building 8, Tower C,
DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase 2,
If you are sending a TDS certificate by courier, then signed the TDS certificates and send a cover letter that has your 10-digit customer ID.
Once you’ve sent the documents, contact google by email (Here) with the following details to get the credit:
A digital copy of the TDS certificate (either electronically signed or a PDF scan of the signed TDS certificate)
Courier delivery receipt details
No TDS certificates for the previous financial year will be accepted if sent after April 30th of the current financial year. For example, all certificates for the fiscal year 2019-20 should be sent no later than 30 April 2020.
Steps of submitting TDS to Google India and getting TDS Reimbursed.
How to submit TDS refund request to Google India
The process to apply and claim TDS refund for Google Ads in India involves the following steps:
1. You have added funds to the google ads account, the ads ran, generated clicks, the amount got consumed. Which means you paid Google. Incase you have invoicing activated with google, please pay them.
2. Calculate the TDS amount (2% for Google Ads) and pay to the government and also file the TDS returns accordingly. While filing the TDS returns, use the PAN Number of Google (AACCG0527D).
3. Download the TDS certificate (FORM NO. 16A) from the Income Tax website
4. Follow the below steps to submit the FORM 16A to Google and claim the TDS refund
5. Google will refund the TDS amount as Ad credits to the same Google Ads account.
How much TDS to deduct and pay for Google Ads?
When calculating the TDS amount, do not include the GST amount. TDS needs to be calculated only on the actual invoci amount excluding GST. . If required, use the registered address of Google where applicable (Google India Pvt. Ltd., No.3, RMZ Infinity, Tower E, Old Madras Road, 4th & 5th Floor, Bangalore – 560 016).
Step by step instructions to submit Form-16A to Google and claim TDS refund for Google Ads:
- Make sure you have logged in using the Google account that matches the Google Ads account for which you are requesting a refund.
- Then go to https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2375370?hl=en
- Google Ads TDS refund in india
- On the above page, choose your country. If you have logged in, the country may be selected by default. Since this article is talking about claiming TDS refund for Indian Google Ads accounts, these steps are applicable only to the country India.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and read the text under the heading “Sending Tax Deducted at the Source (TDS) certificate”, you will see the “by email” link, leading to https://support.google.com/google-ads/contact/billing_none.
WARNING: Do not go directly to this link. It won’t work and you will be misguided to various help topics.
7. In the next page, you will see the title “Billing Issues”. Don’t worry about the misleading page title. You are in the right place to claim your TDS refund from Google Ads.
Make sure you have the correct email address populated in the email field. If you have logged in using your Google account same as your Ads account, the correct email address will be prepopulated for you.
Also, select the correct Google Ads account from the next dropdown. If you have multiple accounts, make sure you are choosing the right one. This is the account to which the TDS refund will be credited.
You also have to fill out a “Summary of the issue”. Don’t worry too much about this but just enter some statements saying “I am looking for TDS refund for the TDS amount I filed for my Google Ads account”.
8. Now comes the most important part. You need to attach all of your TDS certificates (FORM 16A). Don’t miss any of your certificates. If you submit very old certificates, Google may reject them. As to Google’s TDS refund policies, you have to submit the TDS certificates and claim the TDS refund immediately after each quarter. However, Google may still accept the refund requests for a few more months even after the stipulated time.
Finally, click the “Submit” button.
Now your TDS refund request is submitted. You will get an instant automated email from Google mail id “[email protected]” with the following content:
We’ve opened a case for you
Thanks for reaching out.
Our team will begin working on your support request right away, so you won’t have to do anything else—you’ll be sure to hear from us as soon as we have an update. You can find the case ID for your request in this email’s subject line. In the meantime, please feel free to check the Google Ads Help Center for answers to your questions.
Thanks for advertising with Google! We look forward to helping you.
The Google Ads Team
You are all set. Just wait a couple of more days for your TDS refund to arrive in your Google Ads account. Google may send you further communication via email or phone regarding your refund request. If you are asked for any further details or documentation, respond to such emails and provide all the necessary details. As per Google’s documentation, it may take 5 to 10 days for your refund to get credited into your Google Ads account,
Read more about google taxes in India – Here
Submit your TDS – here